Turncrafter Plus - PSI Wood Lathe Review

For the last few years I have been thinking about buying a wood lathe. I've always been very interested in wood turning, and thought it would make a great hobby, but I'd never really gotten started.

Dewalt Reciprocating Saw

A friend of mine, Chuck, is a very experienced and skilled wood turner, and every so often I get a chance to experiment with his lathe, and I always enjoy the experience. He's always happy to let me use it and willing to teach me anything I want to know, but I feel bad for imposing on him.

Dewalt Reciprocating Saw

I never really got serious and did my research on wood lathes since I always felt that it was too expensive a hobby, and I couldn't really afford it. I knew that Chuck's lathe, a large model from General, cost him several thousand dollars and just figured that was the normal price range. This kept me away from wood turning for several years!

Recently I started looking at Wood Lathe prices, only to discover there's a large market for much smaller less expensive lathes. After looking at several reviews online and finding most of them positive, I decided to invest in A Turncrafter Plus from PSI.

This lathe was marketed as an inexpensive beginner lathe, and that's what really stood out for me. It cost a little over 150$, so I wasn't expecting too much. I was thrilled with the purchase anyway, since I would finally be able to get into wood turning, and if it didn't work out then it wasn't as if I had made a big investment.

When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The Turncrafter came nicely packaged and looked great out of the box. It was very small, only about two feet long and half a foot deep, but that was perfect since I don't have a lot of room in my shop. I was impressed with how heavy and solid it seamed, since I was worried that for the money I would get something flimsy or easy to break.

I attached a small piece of wood using the included live center and turned it on. It runs very quietly and smoothly, whether you have it on the slowest or fastest speed. I bought a set of lathe tools with it, and they cut into my spindle as smooth as butter!

I've turned a handful of pens and a candle holder on it so far, and I haven't had a single problem. It holds the spindle very well, and spins without slipping or choking. I couldn't be happier with this lathe. There are some limitations, mostly because of the small side, so maybe at some point I will want to upgrade to a bigger lathe, but for now it's perfect.

If you're looking to get into wood turning I highly recommend the PSI Turncrafter as an inexpensive alternative.

Turncrafter Plus - PSI Wood Lathe Review
Dewalt Reciprocating Saw

Cyber Monday Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set 2011 Deals

Dec 05, 2011 08:18:18

Cyber Monday Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set Deals
Click for larger image and other views

Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set

>> Click here to update Cyber Monday prices for Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set <<

Cyber Monday Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set Feature

  • Thick blades - .042-inch and .062-inch for extreme applications.
  • 1-Inch height for added strength
  • Wide, allowing it to fit in tight spaces.


Cyber Monday Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set Overview

With twelve reciprocating saw blades for extreme cutting, and a handy storage pouch for easy access, this Sawzall blade kit gets you through that big remodel project with ease, and is great to have on hand for years of little jobs. The pouch rolls open for easy access to its five compartments. Extra thick blades (from .042 to .062 inches) won't bend, warp, or distort under extreme cutting applications. Inch-wide blades bolster strength, but still fit easily into tight quarters. --Brian D. Olson

What's in the Box
Two 6-inch Wrecker blades, two 6-inch Torch, two 6-inch Axe, three 9-inch Torch, and three 9-inch Axe blades.

Cyber Monday Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set Specifications

With twelve reciprocating saw blades for extreme cutting, and a handy storage pouch for easy access, this Sawzall blade kit gets you through that big remodel project with ease, and is great to have on hand for years of little jobs. The pouch rolls open for easy access to its five compartments. Extra thick blades (from .042 to .062 inches) won’t bend, warp, or distort under extreme cutting applications. Inch-wide blades bolster strength, but still fit easily into tight quarters. --Brian D. Olson

What’s in the Box
Two 6-inch Wrecker blades, two 6-inch Torch, two 6-inch Axe, three 9-inch Torch, and three 9-inch Axe blades.

SAVE NOW on Cyber Monday offers below!

Available In Stock.

This Cyber Monday Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Price : Click to Check Update Prices Please.

Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set

Limited Offer Today!! Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set Cyber Monday and Black Friday 2011 Deals

Vitamins And Mineral Headlight Restoration Kit